Thursday 17 March 2016

OUGD502 - self branding

Self branding

Following the graphic design production process, I began by researching in to branding and logo making.

This year I have had the opportunity to work and explore more in to depth what branding is, branding strategies, what makes an effective logo and others.

In level 5, I’ve felt the modules linking together more, I was able to learn and use some of the knowledge from OUGD 504 for Logostarter – and cop to guide me in the production of my personal brand, my essay question is “what makes an effective international logo” and these are the books I’ve looked in to that have also helped me for ppp.

I then began to think about the key points in the production of my future business cards
And asked myself –Who am I? what do I represent? And who is my target audience?
Using what I had learnt from my research, I added a few key things to remember for my design. – My business card design should be simple but memorable, timeless and Appropriate.
It should be as effective in colour as in black and white. And I should be able to get my message across visually and verbally.
I began by looking at my design from level 4, and decided to continue having my face as my logo. I choose an image of myself and began to explore with it. I produced an abstract portrait that I would move on to design digitally.
Some changes were made throughout the process, to achieve my final design. I believed these changes were necessary to produce a more effective product. I removed all the colour from it and worked on it in black and white.
This would be the front of my business card.
My logo would be done with foiling to add a bit of colour to my design.
And this is the back of my business card.
I tried creating a more personal connection with my clients by adding some of my work as examples of what I could produce, a short description of what I aim for and some words that describe me as a person. I used English and Spanish to keep my business options open.
These are my experimentations with foiling. I believe it was a successful new experience.
This year I began to look in to Kate Moross art, I believe she’s an inspiration.
She began as an art student herself and now is a professional designer, she’s worked with Top shop, Nike, Magazines … and got a book published. I believe her style and mine are similar and that I can learn from her and her experiences and hope to follow her steps in the design industry.
Hey studio, would be the sort of place where I would hope to work in a future, an international business with connections worldwide. It would also be nice to be a bit closer to home.

In level 6 I hope to explore new techniques, improve my presentation skills, become more professional at what I do, improve my time management, blogging and attendance.

No comments:

Post a Comment