Monday 14 March 2016

OUGD502 - Professional Questions to ask studios-Designers

Hello, I am a student at Leeds college of arts, I am writing to you regarding a set of questions I have generated for a class module. I have been asked to contact a studio and ask a series of questions that will guide me through my future career in design.
1. Could you describe one of your typical workdays?
2. What skills are required in your position on a day-to-day basis?
3. What parts of your job do you find most challenging?
4. What do you find most enjoyable?
5. Are there any negatives to your job?
6. How many hours do you work in a typical week?
7. Which seasons of the year are toughest in your job?
8. How would you describe the corporate culture?
Thank you for taking your time to read this letter, hope to hear back from you soon.
Kind regards, 
Jaqueline Almagro Chiavarine.

9. What educational preparation would you recommend for someone who wants to advance in this field?
10. What qualifications do you seek in a new hire?
11. How do most people enter this profession?
12. Which of my skills are strong compared to other job hunters in this field?
13. What do you think of the experience I've had so far? For what types of positions would it qualify me?
14. Can you recommend any courses I should take before proceeding further with my job search?
15. What companies or industries do you think I should target?


16.Do you think my objective is clearly stated, realistic and achievable?
17.Considering my background, how well do you think I would fit in this company and/or profession?
18.Taking into account my skills, education and experience, what other career paths would you suggest I explore before making a final decision?

No comments:

Post a Comment